Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Made It...Wednesday?!

It's not MONDAY?  Ok, ok....yeah.  It's Wednesday, not Monday.  I'm a little behind this week.  Please forgive me.  The Good News??? Since it's Wednesday, you get a two-fer!  Consider today Wonday! (Wednesday + Monday = Wonday, ok?!)



For Made-It Monday.....  Wrapped letters and monogram home décor (two different ways).  I first put this idea together a few years ago for my hallway.  Here's something you might not know about me...I LOVE MONOGRAMS.  I'm not sure why.  I just love them.  This is our "family" monogram (AHC- monograms are traditionally the first letter of the "bride's" name first, the first initial of the last name next and the first letter of the "groom's" name last). 

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Letters of choice (I got all 3 of mine at Hobby Lobby.  I wanted a 2 and 3 d look, and I wanted the middle initial to be larger.) 
* Yarn in colors of choice (or twine, etc.)
* Staple Gun
* Paper or fabric (for middle initial)
* Spray Adhesive or Mod Podge
* Frame of choice (optional)



The first photo is of my original design- you can't see the whole hallway here, but all of the frames were painted the muted teal color and matted with the rusty red-ish color, so it pulled together very well.  The second photo is my "newer" set up in the new place.  I switched the yarn for thick twine and I peeled the fabric off of the middle "H" and used a piece of scrapbook paper instead- it was the perfect color to pull everything together!)

Tips: Letters with "holes" are definitely a challenge.  Both times I did the "C" first and it was easy peasy.  Once I started the "A", I remember why I was so ready to be done with this project the first time around, lol.  Just stick with it.  You may have to unwrap and rewrap certain parts of the letter and recover it to make sure you cover all the wood.  The second time around when I used the twine, I didn't like the way the "A" turned out and I actually completely unwrapped it and started at the bottom instead of the top.  Just remember to make it your own and express your personality!  I was lucky enough to find the oval frame at hobby lobby with a broken glass top and got it on clearance because of it!

What do you think?
                                           
 

No comments:

Post a Comment