Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Made it Monday...1 Day Late- LC Pepperoni Chicken



Welcome to Made It Monday (on Tuesday)!  I knew I was going to make this dish for dinner tonight so I post-poned Made it Monday for Made it Tuesday.  Meet- Pepperoni Crusted Chicken Strips!




I pinned this recipe a few weeks ago and knew instantly that I wanted to try it.  Before our "low carb" days I used to make this cheez-it crusted chicken that my husband LOVED and I have found myself craving it lately.  This sounded right up my low-carb alley and I wasn't disappointed!  It was delicious.  I served them up with my ZERO carb mozzarella sticks with a little marinara :-)

Here you go- let me know if you try it!

                                                                                                        INGREDIENTS

- 1 lb. chicken breast strips, tenderloins or chicken breasts cut into "nuggets"
- Approx. 30 slices of pepperoni
- 3 Tbsp. Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. minced dried onion
- Garlic Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste (sorry forgot it for the pic)
- 1 Egg


DIRECTIONS:

1.) Preheat your oven to 400.  Place your pepperoni slices on a cookie sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes (depending on your oven) until crispy. 
2.) While you're waiting, whisk your egg in a bowl.
3.) When the pepperoni is done, "Dab" it to remove excess grease :-).  Add to a re-sealable bag and let out the stress of the day by using a mallet to smash it to bits.
3.) Add remaining ingredients (except for chicken)


4.) Set up a "coating station" and dip each breast strip in the egg then coat it in the breading mixture.
5.) Bake on a "greased" cookie sheet for 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink.
(HINTS: I turned my oven to broil for the last 5 minutes to make the breading extra crispy.  I also had about 1.5 lbs of chicken so I "upped" everything for the breading, but I STILL didn't feel like I had enough.  I will do a full package of pepperoni in the future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment