Monday, March 3, 2014

Made It Monday- Craft Table DIY


So, this is an "oldie", but a "goodie."  I have had A TON of requests for instructions on how I (Ok, WE, put together my craft table).  I found a plan for this table (a similar one) on pinterest a few years ago and kind of made up my own plans!  My AMAZING husband (who is quickly turning into a craftsman since he builds all of my craft show displays as well) put it together for me once I had drawn up the plans. 

What you need to make one like mine:
 - 2 "cheap-" book cases (mine came from Wal-Mart for $32)
- 1 large piece of melamine (Home Depot- they also cut mine down to proper size for me!  Cost me $30)
- Melamine iron-edging sealer (so the edges won't be raw- also from Home Depot-$5)
- Brackets/Screws- $5
- Yardstick (optional)- I have mine attached to the front of my table so measuring fabric/ribbon/wire is SUPER easy- I love it!

There are no real "instructions".  Put the Bookcases together according to package directions.  Lay the melamine on top of the bookcases ( with the bookcases at the opposite ends of the melamine sheet).  Use brackets to secure the melamine top to the back side/top of the bookcases.  Follow the directions on the melamine edging kit (mine used an iron) to "finish" the edges.  You could levae them raw if you would like, but I wouldn't recommend it.   Attach the yardstick to the front of the melamine and BAM! 

This whole project cost me only about $70 and I LOVE my table.  It has been through countless projects with a myriad of mediums and has never scarred or stained!  It even made it through our recent move with no damage :-)  It is perfect for storing all of my crafting and boutique supplies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment